Monday, February 11, 2013

These Seizures Won't Give Me a Break, Break, Break...



Today is one more of those days filled with seizures... And if it wasn't seizures, it's been a massive headache that could knock out an elephant. Surprised I even felt well enough to make my family some homemade peanut butter cookies (photo) and sit down to give an update. But I assure you all, as soon as I'm done writing this, it's back to bed for EpilepsyBlogger.

I didn't get too much sleep last night due to a lot of slight simple partial seizures. These seizures are less frequent and not as normal to me as others, so they freaked me out like you wouldn't believe. I didn't run upstairs to scare the parents, and did my best to relax until they passed. Finally I slept around 3:00am and if I had to rate my sleep, I'd say about an 8 out of 10 stars. So not too bad.


This morning, I had seizures from the moment I woke up until lunch. When it hit lunch time, I had a complex partial seizure that started out with me saying "Ugh. These seizures won't give me a break, break, break, break..." and then whacked me out so bad I actually forgot how to chew my own food. Ended up wasting a bowl of rice (which is all I had room fortoday, being so gosh darn nauseated).

After I came out of the seizure and realized I couldn't eat, my mum went with me to her room and we took a mommy-daughter nap until almost 3pm. Thankfully, my seizures slowed down formthe rest of the night. I have had one maybe twice an hour since then, which is very good.

My nurse called around 6:00pm to tell me that my urine test spotted a small bladder infection, so she's putting me on antibiotics to keep me as healthy as possible during the brain surgery. My Epileptologist and brain surgeon want me on Klonopin three times a day until surgery to stop the seizures, since the emergency dose of Ativan itself is hardly working. I'm not too excited about being on more medication... Especially one that makes me feel high all day long. (I have been on it before).

Oh well! Anyway, it's time to head to bed so I will talk to you all tomorrow! Sweet dreams and stay strong!

EpilepsyBlogger

P.S. - Be sure to send my boyfriend Rafael and I your questions for the Valentine's Day Dating & Epilepsy Q&A! Rafael will be here to answer questions from the perspective of daing someone with Epilepsy, so loved ones of people with seizures are welcomed to ask too!


2 comments:

  1. Like i said epilepsy doesnt always keep you strong-not always a love story. Be sure you want the side effects of brain surgery as well. May be harsh but its the truth for some of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have stupid seizures just like that. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my website and reading my blog! Be sure to like EpilepsyBlogger and my other pages on Facebook, and follow me on Twitter @EpilepsyBlogger for live updates! God bless! - EpilepsyBlogger