Tuesday, February 12, 2013

9 Days, 3 Tablets, No Seizures



Brain surgery is now officially 9 days awake. So we're at a number less than 10 - this bothers me. But I'm more calm about it now than I was a week ago. I have a strong feeling this "calm" mood will change, but I'm enjoying it while it's here.

I got my Klonopin tablets today. The dose is 1 mg, three times a day. They are the Clonazepam ODT tabs, rather than the actual pills I had before in which I needed to swallow. I kind of like these because they work more quickly, it seems. They're doing an excellent job of controlling the seizures because I've only had one seizure along with three auras the entire day. This is amazing news. (I couldn't type that to sound more excited, right?)





I basically just put the tab under my tongue or next to my cheek, and it dissolves within about 10 seconds max. The effects kick in within ten minutes. Although I am enjoying having less seizures, I cannot stand how high I feel. I was so messed up at dinner that I accidentally gave away my brother's Valentine's day gift. My family all started yelling at me and can't seem yo understand that it was truly an accident. My bolts are sort of knocked loose in my head when I am on five different medications at one time... But as usual, they refuse to understand. You really can't win for losing I guess.

One thing I do know is that the second my doctors take me off these pills my seizures will go insane... Which is good, because it will assist with the brain mapping after the first surgery. (February 21st) I think that's actually the period I am least looking forward to. I hate EEG's and it's going to be just like an EEG except way more in depth and a little more painful from what I understand. I almost wish I could just skip it and do both surgeries in a day!

My sister is asking me to fill out a list of my favorite things. Cookies, chips, chocolates, drinks, scarves (I'm thinking to cover my head), nail polish, etc. Not sure if it's something she's buying or if my family has some secret plan of gifts. I suppose we shall see? I'm a little excited!

My mother ended up getting released from work for her time off a few days early, starting this Thursday. So I am excited to have her home. My mum and I don't spend enough time together anymore unless she's home all day. So although she was upset with me today for ruining my brother's V-Day gift, I am still happy to know she'll be home earlier.

Speaking of Valentine's Day, I am so bummed that I'll be spending it alone. Rafael and I are still together, but as my dedicated readers know, he is currently away at the A&M Air Force Corps. (I am, however, very proud of him. They made National champs!!!) I just wish he could be here this Valentine's Day because I really need him. Being next to Rafael can really make all my problems seem so small, ya know?



There he is, throwing the rifle. So proud of him!



However, Rafael will be answering questions with me in the Valentine's Day Q&A. Any questions regarding dating and Epilepsy can be sent in, so ask away! Rafael will answer questions relating to what it's like as the loved one of a person with Epilepsy. So if you are the loved one, feel free to ask too! Questions must all be in by February 13th at 6:00 PM!

I hope everyone is doing well, and may God bless you all with peaceful sleep and a beautiful seizure-FREE day tomorrow! Goodnight!

EpilepsyBlogger

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you continued strength as you go through this and a very happy Valentine's Day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my website and reading my blog! Be sure to like EpilepsyBlogger and my other pages on Facebook, and follow me on Twitter @EpilepsyBlogger for live updates! God bless! - EpilepsyBlogger