Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I Will Destroy Epilepsy for My Epilepsy Family



So the hospital called two more times. Now I am going in at 5:30 in the morning for surgery. I decided to stay awake, write one more short post, finish packing and thank you cards. Getting so exhausted that it's not even funny, but I'd rather go into surgery tired because I won't have time to be so nervous.

Cramps are coming in more and more by the minute, so I know my period is going to start pretty much any minute now. Not happy that I'll be getting my monthly gift in the hospital during brain surgery. I am actually rather upset... But maybe that's just my hormones making me cranky?



Just got off the phone with my sweetheart. It was so hard to hang up... You know, I love him with all of my heart. And over the last few weeks I have realized that his love for me has truly grown. The way he loves and protects me is just... Unbelievable. Especially for our age and distance apart. I wish he was back at home right now, but I am thankful simply to be with him. The Lord has spoiled me with such a sweetheart.

I started to cry on the phone with him from the fear that has finally kicked in 5 hours before my first surgery. I realized this is happening TODAY. No more days to count down to. I told Rafael "Thank you for staying by my side through this. Your love has kept me so strong when I just wanted to fall apart sometimes. You're my best friend and I couldn't have done this without you". He replied saying, "Anything for you my love." Then we said our classic form of I love you that we say to each other each day and night:

"I love you," I cried.

"I love you more," Rafael whispered.

I sobbed and replied "Never."

"Always and forever." he said, bringing a smile to my face.

The boy always knows how to calm my tears. I wonder sometimes if he's an angel in disguise. Anyhow, I had to hang up because I refuse to keep him from his sleep. He has an education to achieve and I will always make sure he gets all the rest he needs to do so. So I held back my tears and said goodnight.



I am having faith that our good Lord is going to bring me through this surgery. I won't lie to anyone - I am scared out of my mind! This is no foot surgery or appendix removal. It's a brain, and it's a big deal. I contemplated chickening out, but I did a lot of thinking and a lot of praying. After that long process I realized that Epilepsy will always be a battle, but the cure we find someday is going to rely on us to be brave and make choices that don't seem so attractive.

So my sweet Epilepsy family, I am doing this for all of you. For those of you fighting Epilepsy now, and those of you who will fight Epilepsy later in the future. I am getting this surgery to help show you all that you can do it too, and that you can find success. I am claiming my healing from the Lord, and rebuking any suffering.

Death has been eating away at my brain for quite a while now with Epilepsy and making me suffer tremendously, but with our army of prayer warriors and the good Lord's blessing of an amazing brain surgeon and Epileptologist, death's meal is about to be put to an END. I love you all, and just know you are all appreciated and loved by this blogger and advocate. I may not know you personally, but I have a love in my heart and a great understanding of your suffering and I want to help you achieve your Epilepsy Success.

So please stay tuned to the blog and/or Facebook pages. My family will be updating daily and I will as well if I have the energy or feel well enough. Also, keep me in your prayers because I truly need my prayer warriors right now. Thank you for the love and support, and I am going to show you all that overcoming Epilepsy is possible with faith, love, hope and a little bravery.

Matthew 17:20
"He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.""



See you all soon,
EpilepsyBlogger

P.S. - I have gotten comments and messages on Facebook regarding sending monetary donations and/or gifts to me. I was unable to reply to several due to privacy settings on Facebook. Therefore, if you would like to send a donation or gift, please e-mail MandyKrzywonski@EpilepsyBlogger.org for the mailing address.

3 comments:

  1. It's Friday and I'm hoping that everything went well. Know that I'm still praying for you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought about and prayed for you daily. Please know that your bravery is very inspiring. Hugs! Norita

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my website and reading my blog! Be sure to like EpilepsyBlogger and my other pages on Facebook, and follow me on Twitter @EpilepsyBlogger for live updates! God bless! - EpilepsyBlogger