Tuesday, February 19, 2013

2 Days Until Brain Surgery - So close!




Today was a really nice day, actually. I felt more sense of calm than being nervous. I think it is because I did a lot of praying... Actually, I know it was because I did a lot of praying. I spent my morning sleeping in and slowly packing my bag throughout the day. I thought I was going into the hospital Wednesday night, but my mother read the letter wrong. It really said:

"After 3:00 PM on Wednesday February 20th, a nurse from Outpatient Surgery will call you and give you a time to report for surgery the next morning."

NOT "Report to the hospital at 3:00 PM on Wednesday". (Laughs)


I guess the fact that I have another full day to enjoy my time at home gave me more of a sense of relief. I was so upset thinking that I'd be in the hospital early. Thank the Lord! I'm planning to have my friends and family over one last time on Wednesday for a movie, dinner, and some deep prayer to get me fully ready as can be. It will be wonderful!

Most of the day was simply relaxation. Sleeping in, doing laundry (this isn't relaxing, but isn't too tiring either), painting my toenails (5 different shades of purple!) since they are all I can have painted in the hospital. I even made some candied orange peels!



Today we also celebrated my nana's birthday. I don't know her age because she won't admit her birthday year to any of us, and we're all bad at keeping track of those. Anyhow, it was great! Good quality family time and a yummy mexican restaurant. I had actually never been to it before, so it was nice to try a new place. Unfortunately my food tastes like cardboard for the most part this last week due to the Clonazepam, but today I could taste my food and it was very filling.

I ate cheese filled enchiladas, and everyone else got some pretty cool plates. Everything from taco salads to giant burritos to flaming cheese (literally on fire, no joke)... And the tortillas were fabulous! A wonderful night full of laughs, stories, and love. Just what we all needed during this stressful time.


Here is my tia Mary and nana Elodia holding nana's birthday desserts.
She was kind enough to share with all of us!


Here is me trying to make my brother Jake smile for a picture, while my sister
Jessica studies away AT THE RESTAURANT!!!


My sister Eliana and I - bonding so much lately. She's just like me when I was
her age. Behind us is my cousin Vinson.


From L to R: Sisters Eliana and Jessica, Me, and my cousin Andrea.


My beautiful cousin Christina!


My silly uncle Steve and I.


And here we are trying to find a way to hide our fat bulging guts for a full body
picture. Had me laughing like a horse!


My mother and I... I look so much more like her than I ever knew!


My uncle Steve crushing me and his wife, aunt Lina...


Our whole table... And let me add, this is probably 1% of my HUGE family!

As I promised, I have some better photos of Rafael and I from my "Good Luck Party" on Saturday. The ones I showed in the last post were so blurry and taken on an iPad, but thankfully my uncle brought his good camera! These aren't all of the photos, and aren't all of the best ones either. But they were all I had time to download before bed. I'll add more later!


Rafael and I taking a sample photo...


Here's the non-sample... Look at my chubby cheeks. Ew!

Anywho, everything went well today and I am thankful for that. This surgery is going to be a battle, but having some oeace before the fight was well appreciated. I had a lot of time for prayer and time to really rest my head from all the worry! I'll admit that I am still scared - I'm only human. But I am giving this to the Lord and letting Him lead me through the battle. All is well in my home today.

God bless you all,
Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing the whole family. The love between all of you is evident :)

    Praying that you will breeze through this surgery and everything turns out better than you can even imagine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my website and reading my blog! Be sure to like EpilepsyBlogger and my other pages on Facebook, and follow me on Twitter @EpilepsyBlogger for live updates! God bless! - EpilepsyBlogger