Sunday, November 4, 2012

What's in Mandy's Purse? - Day #4 WEGO National Health Blog Month

Day #4 Nov. 4th - WEGO National Health Blog Month
"Write about what's in your bag/ pure/ backpack every day."

If you enjoy my blogs and articles, please nominate me! Only takes a second! CLICK HERE TO NOMINATE ME!!! #HAAwards #NHBPM
 
 
          My purse is like my third arm - it goes everywhere I go, and it does so many things for me that I'd never be able to do with only my two arms. If I ever forgot my purse (Which I haven't done yet! Cross your fingers!) I would be in so much trouble. Why? Well, it's simple. It holds my entire life inside! I don't think there's any sort of everyday problem that my purse cannot help me solve, and that is why it is always by my side.

          It isn't fancy like my mother's purse, or some of the other purses I have owned previously. It's a simply faux leather bag that costs about $80 at Macy's. It has one pocket in the front where I throw any receipts, business cards, notes, or just "junk" that comes about throughout my day. I probably empty that pocket once every month because it tends to get pretty full. But inside is where my purse gets fun!
 
 


 
Here's what my purse looks like inside on a Sunday. Sunday is my clean-out-your-purse-and-organize-it-day! If you're a woman, you know just as well as I do that you tend to literally throw trash in your purse if there's nowhere else nearby to stick it. I don't throw nasty trash in there, but I'll throw an empty water bottle, paper bag from the bakery, a receipt after I have gone shopping, or something alone those lines inside. But those things can really build up since I don't have that world of energy when I get home to empty it out.
 
After saying that much, this is what my purse looks like after it has just been cleaned out and re-organized. Not extremely clean, even still - but hey, it works, right? Inside is everything I need to get by during my average day. The insides of my purse change from time-to-time. Especially from season-to-season, actually. So it may be better to say that this is what I need on an average fall day.
 
 
NOTE: Since I am shooting photos with my iPad, the purple iPad cover will represent my iPad!
 
1. My iPad - A gift given to me by my mother for my last birthday. At first I somewhat rolled my eyes at the iPad. But after getting one, I hardly use a laptop or any other device! This is where I update my fan pages, my blog (occasionally), text friends (when my cell phone has died), take photos and edit them, track my food intake for the day, and much more! Most importantly, my iPad contains apps that have info on my health in case I have a seizure or an emergency while I am out during the day.
 
2. A few pens - You always have to have a few pens. I can't tell you how many darn times I have needed a pen and couldn't find one anywhere. Therefore, since about 6 months ago, pens are always in my purse! I always grab one when they are complimentary too. Such as at a hotel, doctor's office, or a store. I am not always 100% sure they were meant to be "complimentary," though...
 
3. My crappy Palm Pre Plus cell phone - I HATE this phone with all my heart, but it's the only one I have at the moment to communicate so it goes everywhere with me. With or without the purse. If I feel a seizure coming on I attempt to dial my father as fast as possible, which is my most important reason for having this with at all times.
 
4. Chargers - Since my stupid cell phone dies every 45 minutes, the charger is forced to be included in my purse. I have had to charge this phone in the hospital, doctor's office, friend's house, bus station, and many other places! I bring my iPad charger too, even though it stays charged for days on its own. Occasionally I run it down and forget to charge it at home before I leave somewhere.
 
 
5. AED's - I am currently on Felbatol and Trileptal, and I have to keep them in my purse so that if I forget to take them in the morning, they are always with me. I have had terrible memory problems when it comes to taking my medication lately. Absolutely awful... and I never remember until I am halfway across town!
 
6. Pain killers - I don't usually take pain killers, but I prefer to keep them on me just in case a migraine comes about. When I get migraines they are very severe. Sometimes I can get away with just going to sleep. But most times I am naustead, dizzy, and in so much pain that I can't move. That's when I need some good ol' pain killers.
 
7. Ativan - My life-saving drug. I have what is known as Status Epilepticus, which are seizures lasting more than 5 minutes. These seizures can cause death, so I have been directed to take Ativan if a Tonic-Clonic seizure comes about in order to avoid this happening. It is always on me since seizures can happen anywhere and any time.
 
 
8. My as-seen-on-TV Aluminum Wallet - Yes, it looks beat up. Why? Because my boyfriend, Rafael, reminded me that the commercial for this product claimed that you could run this product over with a vehicle without damaging it. So, being the guy that he is, he insisted we tried it. Turns out the commercial was totally honest! We ran it over twice and it still works like a charm. I love this product because I can fit cash, stamps, receipts, and all my cards inside. I am pretty lazy because I have yet to remove debit cards from high school (finally did that today!) but at least it all fits!
 
9. Debit card(s)
 
10. ID card
 
11. Store reward cards
 
 
12. Fit Me™ Foundation - I use both the liquid and the powder foundation for the "porcelain-look" that isn't entirely popular anymore. I have sensitive skin and these Maybelline products seem to be the only ones that don't make my face break out or itch! It has no oils or waxes and is non-comodogenic and dermatologist-tested. Feels like nothing is there and that's what I think I love the most!
 
13. Brushes! - Gotta have 'em! I used to apply foundation with sponges or even my hands - but I have found that brushes are absolutely necessary both for reduction in acne (thanks, Epilepsy) and for a more "clear-skinned" look. I use the smaller brush for eyeshadow, which I only really use when I am going out. I don't really ever take eyeshadow with me so I did not include it in this article.
 
 
14. NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder - NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder has been a must for me for years. Whilst taking my Anti-epileptic drugs my hair has thinned, and that counts for all of my hair - eyebrows too, unfortunately. This product is wonderful because it not only includes a slanted brow brush and a round wand, but it also comes with a wax to help keep the powder on all day and two shades of cake powder to have both day and night shades.
 
15. NYX Super Skinny Eye Marker - I LOVE this stuff! Regular eye liner fades off throughout the day, smears as you blink, or runs if your eye waters from allergies. This product stays and looks beautiful. I prefer the Jet Black over the other shades because it contrasts my eyes very well. Definitely always in my purse!
 
16. Volum' Express® The Falsies™ Washable Mascara - Many women like waterproof mascara, but I hate it. I always seem to mess it up as I apply it thanks to my shaky hands. This product goes on smooth and the applicator makes it fool-proof. Since it is washable I reapply it halfway through the day. But I don't always wear it right away, therefore it goes in my purse to apply when I decide to wear it.
 
 
17. Bella Il Fiore Rescue Me Peppermint Lip Treatment and Sugar Kisses Peppermint Lip Scrub - I got these two tubs of lip products as a gift from a good friend last fall and I seriously have yet to make a dent in both tubs. I probably won't be out of this amazing stuff for two more years! I have always had easily-chapped lips so I take this two products everywhere to keep my lips soft and kissable! Definitely worth a try!!!
 
18. Dream Bouncy Blush™ - Every blush I have tried has either been too dark or has made me get a rash - or both! I have used many brands, ranging in price from $4 - $30 and this beats them all! It gives just the right amount of color and you don't need much to get you through the day. I probably won't run out of this product for a year or so. I only wear it in the evenings so I keep it in my purse in case I am out and about.
 
19. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain - I LOVE this stuff! Better than lip stick or lip gloss, and gives amazing color! It goes everywhere with me because I never know which color I want to apply. But these are the two that I use!
 
 
20. Lotion - I always have lotion on me. Not necessarily the one above, but this is the lotion I have had for the last three months so I included it. I just like to keep something to moisturize my hands, arms, legs, or feet throughout the day. I get dry skin sometimes and I have to take care of it ASAP when it happens! My hands are probably the worst! The lotion above is the Dark Kiss body lotion from Bath & Body Works.
 
21. AXE - This is where all the boys go "What?!". Yes, I use AXE. It is the only deodorant that I have ever used that does not give me infections, rashes, etc. and the only deodorant that I can truly say works all day long. Now, I am the kind of gal that forgets to put it on right after I shower. So I keep it in my purse just in case!
 
22. Clean & Clear Advantage Spot Treatment Gel - Being on Felbatol means that zits come whenever they please, and they come fast. You wouldn't believe how fast my poor face can go from entirely clear of acne, to full of pimples in just an hour! This stuff kills the pimples on the spot, so it is another one of my best friends!
 
23. Young Living Peppermint Essential Oil - I talk about this stuff a lot in my other blogs. Young Living is by far the best essential oil company around, and it has no other ingredients except for the oil itself. I like that! I use this when I have migranes, before I even pull out the pain killers. It usually kills them on the spot. Now, there are migraines who insist on ruining my life in spite of peppermint oil, so that is why I still keep pain killers around just in case.
 
 
 
 

ALSO - check out the fan pages for tons of cool stuff this month!!! This includes giveaways, cool facts to share with friends, fun Facebook gear to show your advocacy and/or support for others, and much, much more!!! And PLEASE - don't forget to send your awareness month photos to MandyKrzywonski@EpilepsyBlogger.org so you can be on the blog!!!


(EVERYTHING EPILEPSY!)


(For mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles,
grandmas, grandpas, nieces, nephews, step-fathers, step-mothers,
daughters, sons, step-daughters, step-sons, friends, best friends,
wives, husbands, couples, and so on! Even singles!!!)

(Hopeful words, videos, music, and more to brighten up your day!)

Loved ones of those with Epilepsy also welcomed.
Topics posted each week by Mandy (EpilepsyBlogger).
All ages!

God bless,
Mandy Krzywonski
(EpilepsyBlogger)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my website and reading my blog! Be sure to like EpilepsyBlogger and my other pages on Facebook, and follow me on Twitter @EpilepsyBlogger for live updates! God bless! - EpilepsyBlogger