Friday, August 29, 2014

I nailed it! Oh, nevermind...

Went to sleep at 9:00 PM... Woke up at 10:45. So here I am, wide awake tonight, folks. My hair is a mess, my body is in pain and I couldn't sleep even if I was tired. My brain feels it is day time, so here I am. However, I will not be too negative about it as it is giving me some time to fill you all in on how I am doing as far as seizures, medications, and life in general. So here we go!!!


Seizures - Only had them this week that I had a cold. They were out of body for the most part, but it also did some sleep-walking ones. I have never sleep-walked in my life, and I had a nice bit tongue when I woke up. So yeah. But other than that they are well controlled for once.


Medication - Still praying that my Epileptologist will let me off of Onfi. It is a great drug, but definitely adds to my insomnia/over-sleeping issues that I need to find a way to control. I am wide awake at night, and then sleeping 12-14 hours a day. Onfi is a great drug, so don't take it wrong. My body simply can't handle it. Everyone is different.

I am being switched from Trileptol to a newer version of the Oxcarbazepine known as Aptiom. I believe I mentioned this drug before. If not, click here to learn more about it >>> http://www.Aptiom.com this drug is a perfected version of Oxcarbazepine, and is known to have less side effects. It was released just this last year. My doctor feels I may be more successful and may control seizures completely! 


Other Health/Post Brain Surgery Issues - Due to surgery, my hormones have gone haywire. My Testosterone is higher then it should be and my female hormones are lower. I have hair growing places that I could never mention, and it grows so thick that I feel like a wolf. I had a Mirena inserted/implanted today (IUD) to attempt and help with periods. Periods for me come whenever they'd like to, but are never on time. And that is IF they feel like arriving at all. Two a month, one tiny one a week, cramps for two months and no-show... You name it and that's how TOM acts.

My reading is still difficult. Haven't started classes due to this. Not sure what to do with my life except being a writer, as I wish to do... I can read short text messages or e-mails. But if it is more than 3 lines, I have Siri do the work for me. The letters still switch things up and my blind spot gets in the way. Very difficult to deal with. 

Especially since I tried to work at a restaurant. My brain forgets numbers easily along with names... Didn't go well. However, I got a job at H-E-B Grocery where I used to work as a CSA. So happy as they work wonderfully with the disabled. I am very blessed!!! So happy to start in two weeks!!!

Interest in artwork and blogging has returned. It seemed to go away during my first two months of Prozac. I felt so distanced from my true self that you just wouldn't imagine. But I am feeling more like myself lately and I am even working on some hospital baskets again. It took a lot to get that far, but I made it!!!


That's all the new things I can think of for now. Nothing crazier has happened. Pray I don't jinx myself!!! God bless and sweet dreams!!! I'm off to go work on some art.

Love,
EpilepsyBlogger


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my website and reading my blog! Be sure to like EpilepsyBlogger and my other pages on Facebook, and follow me on Twitter @EpilepsyBlogger for live updates! God bless! - EpilepsyBlogger