Monday, June 30, 2014

Bipolar Thanks to Brain Surgery


I've been on Prozac since I last blogged. So far the medication has lessened my panic attacks and anxiety... along with the help of roughly 14 days of 1 MG Xanax a month. I'm somewhat upset to see my brain and personality falling apart this way through recovery. My Onfi has been taken up a dose due to auras hitting for the past few days. My Epileptologist has is also considering changing my Triletal (Oxcarbazepine) to it's new edited form called Aptiom (Eslicarbazepine). Learn more about this drug HERE: http://www.medpagetoday.com/Neurology/Seizures/42820 

Aptiom is a perfected form of Trileptal and has fewer side effects. Reports show that is works better than the original drug. I am still waiting to decide whether I want to switch to this drug. It is basically the same drug, with minor changes. However, I have trusted Trileptal for years. I will be making my decision in the next 3 weeks, as an aura has come back. 

It isn't as beautiful, large or detailed as my old auras. It is simple a chunk in my upper left quadrant that appears in the same area. It is rather large, and I see it several times a day. No seizures following yet. However, the doctor is worried that areas of brain needing to be removed may have been missed, or that another medication needs to be added for control. 

As far as good news... I've finally touched a canvas. First time painting in at least 6 months... But I think it's been far longer than that. Using my Grandpa Popsi's old brushes and just painting what I feel. Tears are coming out like you wouldn't believe... But oddly there's a joy of feeling the canvas again. 

God bless,
EpilepsyBlogger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my website and reading my blog! Be sure to like EpilepsyBlogger and my other pages on Facebook, and follow me on Twitter @EpilepsyBlogger for live updates! God bless! - EpilepsyBlogger